1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Disappointed in Trading?

Discussion in 'Forex Beginner Q&A' started by Currency Expert, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Currency Expert

“One of the keys to a trader’s success was not the results of a trade but rather how a trader reacted to the results of a trade.” – Dan Gamza

Why me? Why did this happen to me? Those are some of the questions that disturb losing traders. After a series of losses, some of them develop hatred for trading. Suffering that results from negative trades, drawdowns and margin calls can make people easily disappointed in trading.

Nonetheless, no matter how bad your trading is, it could’ve been worse. No matter how bad things are, there are still some reasons to be thankful, if you can think deep.

There are events that move the markets and which professionals focus on. These events often are filled with uncertainties, bringing profits and losses to people. Just some months ago, Greece was a hot topic, and speculators were mulling opening positions on the seemingly overextended markets, but some had serious misgivings. At times, the stakes may be higher than the rewards.

There Is Really Nothing Like Losses

There is really nothing like losses, for what brings losses to some people is what brings profits to others. The market moves up or down – not losing up or down. When you buy EURUSD and it goes up, you win (but a seller will lose). When you sell AUDJPY and it goes up, you lose (but a buyer will win). When you enter a direction in the market and it moves seriously in your favor, all those who go in that direction will make money, provided there are no wide differences in their entry prices.

What you call losses is what brings profits to some people. What you call profits is what brings losses to some people.

People Don’t Learn Their Lessons

Despite well-meaning efforts to solve the problem of loss, there are millions of traders around the world who’re still losing because of dangerous trading habits. People don’t learn their lessons.

During a funeral process, many attendees will be remorseful, thinking about the brevity of life and futility of wickedness, anxiety, love of money and so on. But once the funeral is done, you’ll see many of those attendees living their lives as if they’d not die again.

Too many traders lost in the past because they didn’t use stop loss on live and simulated accounts. When they come back to trading, you’ll see them using the same trading approaches that led to their downfall the last time, namely, high lot sizes and no stop loss. People don’t learn their lessons.

Traders who test new trading ideas on demos don’t use stops; and I wonder how that idea can survive on live accounts in the long haul, because they may apply it to a demo account once they’ve been lucky enough to gather some gains.

A Way Out?

After many years of grappling with the markets, traders who complained in the past may later show their gratitude; and for the fact that the markets cannot be blamed for what happen to them (though we may feel disappointed sometimes). There are days when they become sad, and they complain when they think of their seeming helplessness. Nonetheless, they’d have come to understand that the markets don’t set out to punish individuals.

Interacting with good traders as well as reading about super successful ones would’ve made them stronger psychologically and kept their spirits up.

Reflecting on a possibility of a risk-free trading approach reassures those who’re currently losing. Good trading coaches care about them, knowing full well that the end of their struggles is in sight. Focusing on such hope can give a trader the fortitude to endure certain negativity now.

Conclusion: Are you disappointed in trading? Well those who currently make loads of money from trading were once disappointed at some time in their careers. Those whose marriage is now successful were at one time, frustrated by their spouse. But these people, for example, profitable traders (as well as happily married persons), looked for solutions to their problems and apply those solutions faithfully. That doesn’t mean they’re luckier or better than others: that means they’re able to overcome the causes of frustrations and disappointment in their careers.

This article is ended with the quote below:

“Markets are people. So beating them asks for insight in what they are doing. And, perhaps more importantly, how they feel, because that will direct their future actions and, in the end, what markets will do.”– Dirk Vandycke

Source: www.tallinex.com

2. Martha

Martha New Member

Forex is a good business and you can make lot of money . To make good money you need to learn Forex. Knowledge would help you a lot to make good profit .

3. Fxtrader88

Fxtrader88 New Member

I agree with you, Martha, but our skills and knoweledge are not the only things that help us to earn. Trading conditions are extremely important as well. For example, I need really low spreads for my trading anf not all brokers can offer them to me. My choice now is FreshForex broker, which has, by the way, a good trading contest right now. The initial deposit is just $100 and the main prize is a new BMW X6.

4. sininfinity

sininfinity Active Member

It is true. I don't blame the markets anymore. I did it before when I suffered loss. I felt that why market moves against me. Now it like I was on the wrong side. It makes life much easier if we accept our mistakes.

5. farhan khan

farhan khan New Member

Forex is the best platform to make good money and thats why it popular ll over. Every person is investing money in forex now a days and getting huge returns and the given information regarding the correct way trading is very helpful for the new investors and Epic Research also updates genuine information for the traders.

6. orni308

orni308 New Member

No i am satisfied with my decision to invest in the market it has been a good source of income for me.

7. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Well those who currently make loads of money from trading were once disappointed at some time in their careers. :)

8. AwaberA

AwaberA New Member

No, I'm not! On the contrary, now I like forex trading even more when my broker FreshForex has cancelled requotes. Trading is much more pleasant and easier for me now!

9. Blossom

Blossom New Member

For few people Forex Trading is passion and for few one it is just a job for earning money. ..

10. platinumtraderfx

platinumtraderfx New Member

I'm not disappointed with my trading cuz I trade wth reliable and trustworthy broker Hotforex.It doesn't treat clients as a money machine and benefit only from spreads. They prove this providing excellent tight spreads to the clients and no requotes on flat market

11. PapiaKhatunAsha

PapiaKhatunAsha New Member

No. I'm not at all as I am getting money continuously even sometimes I do involve in educational contest where I make some profit so overall I'm happy with this business.

12. Mistalee

Mistalee New Member

No, I am not disappointed with my trade. I may incur loss, but with my next trade I recover it too and I am very happy with it.

13. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Every person at some stage at Forex get disappoint with trading. But every one start new a begin with market for a good future.