1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake Emails Sent, Liteforex Security Issue - Be Careful!

Discussion in 'Forex Broker Discussion' started by daniellefr, Dec 22, 2008.

1. daniellefr

daniellefr New Member

Dec 10, 2008

I thought this could be important. At the moment only LiteForex reported this particular security issue, but this can happen to any forex broker, not just liteforex. Honestly, I have to admit that I almost never look at the actual email address I get a letter from... if you are like me, read on!

LiteForex broker has discovered attempts by unknown third parties to obtain confidential information via one of the types of phishing. Phishing is a kind of Internet cheating, the main purpose of which is the illegal acquisition of trading account holder IDs. Phishing-attack organizers use mass emails supposedly from popular brands.

In this particular case they've purchased the domain name liteForexs.org, that looks like the real company address liteForex.org and have made fake messages that look like they are coming from our company.

If you get an email from Support LiteForex.org [eng.support@liteforexs.org] (notice the S, ladies and gentlemen) or any other message that does not correspond with the official Company Web site address, please, ignore them, better yet delete them! This is an attempt to obtain the personal information of a trading account holder, with the further aim of getting his/her funds. Pay careful attention to sender email addresses!

Fake emails look like this:

Hello Traders!

This email is to confirm that you will get the Christmas Trading Bonus and credited to your account Ballance.

The following are your Trading Bonus details:

Bonus : $200 cash bonus
    Bonus will be added to your Balance at 24 December 2008

A confirmation email will then be sent to your specified email address.
    Click on this to verify your details and your Trading Bonus will be confirmed.

Click here to access the Trading Bonus Liteforex

So, there you have it. Take a good care of your account information and pay attention who is sending emails to you. Noticing a small detail like an extra s in the email address can save you from a very unpleasant experience.