1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forex vs equities

Discussion in 'Forex Beginner Q&A' started by mark1230, Aug 1, 2011.

1. mark1230

mark1230 New Member

Which is more safe and consists less volatility.

2. Jhon Kumar

Jhon Kumar New Member

Traders that have in the past engaged in equity trading realize that trading in the forex market has major differences then trading in the equity trading market as the forex market is a non stop market that trades 24 hours a day 5 days a week therefore offering traders opportunities to both trade at odd hours and additionally capitalize on facts or breaking news that make it to the headlines all around the clock.

3. hugo30

hugo30 New Member

that's really depends on your way of trading.
    but I guess that equities are more stable. also the news are more useful in this way, so predicting the way of trading becomes better.
    forex moves very fast and it's quite risky. but it's profitable also. as for me the money here are worth the risk.

4. autotrader1

autotrader1 New Member

There are differences between forex and equities.

1. 1) Forex can trade at everybody convenience 24 hours daily from Monday to Friday and equities can only trade during exchange trading hours.
      2) Buying and selling equities need full margin to tade and forex uses leverage to trade.
      3) Equities have daily limit movement and forex has unlimited price movement.
      4) Buying/selling equities need to match with a counter-party whereas buying/selling forex always have ready parties ready to fill your orders.

5. avamorcle

avamorcle New Member

1. Yes, I agree with you.

6. lobax

lobax New Member

the utmost important thing for you to start:

1. Learn the basic trading. Babypips has the most source for learning.
    2. Practice with the demo account. Ensure you keep doing it until you are able to minimize the lost.
    3. Find broker with the lowest investment:
    4. If you lost in your trading means you are lacking of steps 1 and 2.

Happy trading.

7. vic84

vic84 New Member

Both the markets are volatile but forex market is much more reliable then the equities, so its preferable to go with the forex market.

8. somefxtrader

somefxtrader New Member

I would prefer forex trading. Currency markets are much larger than equity markets. By most estimates, the daily volume in forex is as much as 10 times larger than the combined volume of ALL of the world's stock markets. That makes it a very liquid market.
    forex are for everyone, but not all everyone are suit with forex online. at start I also suffer from impatient act of becoming millionare from my trade. without thinking much, put my investment with random brokerage company which cause me much from their bad trading condition, freeze platform, unpleasant payment process. similar issue may happen with many traders latelly related to CHF event, several brokers go broke, many more clients been chased from their negative balance.
    fortunely my account with Tickmill are appear best deal I've made, not affected by CHF aftermath but they eventually offer aid for any brokers clients who find difficulties with their account as result from CHF black swan.

9. sininfinity

sininfinity Active Member

Forex market can not be manipulated while equity market can be manipulated. So forex is better in my opinion.