1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to choose the best forex Books

Discussion in 'Forex Beginner Q&A' started by fxpros, Jan 28, 2009.

1. fxpros

fxpros New Member

How to choose the best forex Books
    When it comes to learning about Forex trading, there are numerous resources available to the novice trader. Online courses, workshops, e-books, DVD-courses and even one-on-one streamed video training. However, for some, the best way to learn is the old-fashioned way: by reading a book.

The bookstores abound with Forex books, on any topic - from Technical Analysis to the psychology of trading and many beginner traders find them the most efficient way to learn since it allows them to review passages as many times as necessary to fully understand the topics. Imagine asking the lecturer at a large workshop to repeat himself and you can understand why the book has its advantages!

The question is, which forex book will be most helpful for you? Like any other area, the forex trading realm has its share of hucksters and pretenders. Be wary of any book that makes outrageous claims in its title or on the cover like “Be a forex millionaire” or for example. If a book promises something that’s too good to be true, you will not benefit too much from it. And if the book underestimates or neglects the inevitable risk associated with forex trading, you should definitely put it back on the shelf and walk away from it.

What you shold value in a forex book is calm, reasonable, practical advice. Garish, pretentious language suggests the author is trying to pull a fast one. Professional, logical language, on the other hand suggests the author knows the currency market and is simply transferring to his readers what he’s learned over the years.

Finally, when choosing a forex book, it’s worth taking a minute to Google the writer’s name and see what comes up in the searches. Are there reviews of the book written by readers, not some fake testimonials shown on the author’s Web page? Has the writer been mentioned in any offline events, such as offline workshops or seminars? What is his or her background? Does he or she have any real-world trading experience, or do they just write forex books?

Take note also of the book’s appearance. Is it an e-book sold by some dude off his Web page? Is it riddled with grammar and spelling errors? Or does it appear to have been written and edited by professionals, and presented in an appealing, straightforward manner? You want a book that fits the latter description. It’s more likely to be reliable and up-front about the pros and cons of forex trading.

2. daniellefr

daniellefr New Member

Thank you for the advices. It is quite difficult to "fish out" a good book - there are just so many, with different purpose and different levels.

3. masterbroker

masterbroker New Member

Thanks for the above information I am also looking for the book for forex trading . Thanks it will really help me in selecting the right book.

#3 masterbroker, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  4. onlinestock

onlinestock New Member

Hey there, thanks for these, i am terribly in need of a good guide that can secure my investment in this recession time. I hope these will help me to overcome my difficulties. Can you also suggest some other media for Forex investor during this recession time? That will be pretty helpful.

5. Mirkinbar

Mirkinbar New Member

I think the single best book is "Mastering the Trade". Combine that with "Day Trading the Currency Market" and "Technical Analysis for the Currency Market" for a good library on fundamental and technical analysis.

6. Trader Rich

Trader Rich New Member

There are two good forex books, forex patterns & probabilities, and adventures of a currency trader.

Forex Day Trading

7. forexboy

forexboy New Member

The best book that I had ever read was all about candle stick patterns because it proves to be helpful in many ways.

8. herry_fxhope

herry_fxhope New Member

Thank you for the advices. It is a good article. and now i can be a more quite to choose for best forex books

9. JavitoFX

JavitoFX New Member

10. alessio

alessio New Member

I have read "Day Trade Online" and find it interesting and useful. Find more about this one and discover more books about currency traging at Forex Literature Page

11. FxBanker

FxBanker New Member

trader, enterpreneur
    IMHO the best book about trading is "Trading Haos" by Bill Williams

12. Jacq Stone

Jacq Stone New Member

The internet is a good source in looking for a best Forex books. Do some researching about the reviews of the book and how effective it is to many who have bought it. Make sure that you can understand the content of the book.

Please feel free to come and visit our FB page for more latest news and updates that will help you guys to improve your decision making.

http. www. facebook. com/pages/Ikofx/213186568697555

Currency Trading

13. hugo30

hugo30 New Member

Good article. I often buy books, which don't have any useful information, I guess, just because I buy them through the internet, so I can't simply look through.

And the other thing is there is no one 'right' book.

14. Jhon Kumar

Jhon Kumar New Member

Nice post. We can find this type of info very rare.

15. learn2share

learn2share New Member

I found a forex interested book COME INTO MY TRADING ROOM by Alexander Elder. Have you tried it?

16. lobax

lobax New Member

good advice, to my addition, check on the broker from forums that explain to it. Type any word like scam or spam on the name of the broker that you are going to register. And see how the admin responses to it.

17. learn2share

learn2share New Member

A good book should make you like to read it. And it should be helpful for reader :)

18. mak123

mak123 New Member

Broker selection is very important. Reliable stock trading broker are though who are regulated menace they have their own license number so that we can check they are genuine or not after all we in future we are going to spend lots of money so licensed and regulated is important.

Daily Forex news

19. rrayne20009

rrayne20009 New Member

Thanks for sharing these tips to find useful forex learning materials.It is very helpful especially to newbies like me:happy2:

20. Suresh

Suresh New Member