1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Range. Simple Breakout System.

Discussion in 'Trading Strategies & Systems' started by Alex108, May 3, 2008.

1. Alex108

Alex108 New Member

The Open Range or OR is the simplest and most effective breakout system that gives you support and resistance areas for your trading session.It works on all pairs. It is most effective during US and London open, however it works during all market openings. The the chart shows a breakout from a few days ago on GBP/JPY where it produced 55 pips on initial breakout. The OR is represented by horizontal blue lines. There are many profitable ways to use OR.
    I found a free toolbar that gives instant access to FOREX resources and news http://trade4freedom.ourtoolbar.com/

Attached Files:

#1 Alex108, May 3, 2008
    Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. Ahyork

Ahyork New Member

Hi Alex108,

I agree with you on the London breakout. It works. By the way, how is your result until now since you start to post this thread ? I am also very interest to know what will be the best methodology to captures the pips by doing so.

3. Alex108

Alex108 New Member

Hi Ahyork, I use the OR breakout strategy along side with other strategies in my live trading room.Feel free to join us daily from 4:30am to 8:00am PST at:
    www.trade4freedom.com

4. Ahyork

Ahyork New Member

Hi Alex108,

Thanks for your value info. By the way, I am staying at GMT +8, what's yours, 4:30am - 8:00am PST ?

5. Alex108

Alex108 New Member

Hi we are in GMT-8