1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swing trading vs scalping

Discussion in 'Trading Strategies & Systems' started by dollarfinder, Jan 9, 2009.

1. dollarfinder

dollarfinder New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I disagree with the majority of financial advisors in the world, in my opinion 2009 will be better than the last year, I believe in the program of economic recovery impulse by Bernanke in the US congress and I trust In Obama (He will not to solve all the problems, but unless he will not make too many errors as Bush, ok anybody would make a better job than Bush).
    There is hope for the world in 2009, I strongly believe in Friedman´s theory about expectations, if all of us believe in a good wealth in this year, so it will be true.
    I also recommend this article, He´s an excellent writer:
    2009 Could Be Better Than You Think - WSJ.com
  2. lancenicolase

lancenicolase New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Thanks for the nice collection of this posts.!!!
    This is really good information....
    Good luck!
    #2 lancenicolase, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
  3. lancehibner

lancehibner New Member

May 30, 2009
    There are distinct trading styles that can be carried out in trading futures:

One can "scalp" the markets in attempting to capture very small, quick profits.

One can trade market "swings" that last one, two or several days and attempt to profit from moves of a larger nature.

And, traders can trade from a long term view, trying to secure profits from large movements in price over an extended period of time, which could be weeks or months in length.

Looking for a forex broker? Don't miss the most detailed forex broker reviews in the industry.
    Finexo Review,
    ForexGen Review
    and many more - new ones being added all the time.
    #3 lancehibner, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  4. Sayen Aylen

Sayen Aylen New Member

May 13, 2009
    Swing Trading involves using technical analysis and/or fundamental analysis to forecast future price movements. Swing Trading is much better suited for someone who only has time to do research in the evenings or a small part of the day.

To be a successful scalper you must have a strict trading plan, including tight stop losses that cannot be broken. If your emotions keep you from getting out of a losing trade, scalping is not for you.

I agree with you that swing trading is good in many ways but as you see the present market scenario, Scalping is a better option.
  5. suhani sahani

suhani sahani New Member

Oct 8, 2015

When a trend breaks, swing traders typically get in the game. At the end of a trend, there is usually some price volatility as the new trend tries to establish itself. Swing traders buy or sell as that price volatility sets in. Swing trades are usually held for more than a day but for a shorter time than trend trades. Swing traders often create a set of trading rules based on technical or fundamental analysis; these trading rules or algorithms are designed to identify when to buy and sell a security. While a swing-trading algorithm does not have to be exact and predict the peak or valley of a price move, it does need a market that moves in one direction or another. A range-bound or sideways market is a risk for swing traders.

Scalping is one of the quickest strategies employed by active traders. It includes exploiting various price gaps caused by bid/ask spreads and order flows. The strategy generally works by making the spread or buying at the bid price and selling at the ask price to receive the difference between the two price points. Scalpers attempt to hold their positions for a short period, thus decreasing the risk associated with the strategy.