1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about Ford?

Discussion in 'Forex Daily News & Outlook' started by godoftrading, Mar 6, 2009.

1. godoftrading

godoftrading New Member

What do you all think of Ford? I know I should have my head examined for thinking of buying automotive stock, but consider this:

If GM tanks completely, which it will, it's one of the big TWO and the only publicly traded car company in America.

Stock price has held it's own last couple of weeks against the broader bear market.

Just the fact that they did not take any bailout money (correct me if I'm wrong) says a little about the long term viability of the company.

I'm think this is a good one to accumulate on the SLOW way up, writing covered calls on the way. Any thoughts?

If there has been discussion on this in another thread, I apologize, but I didn't find anything recent.

2. stevenr

stevenr New Member

Hello all
    I believe Ford is just one of the renowned companies to be hit hard in the current crisis.
    In Japan,Toyota Motor Corp, Sony Corp and Kodak Co are some of the other big companies that have provided daily evidence of how deeply the global crisis is biting them and threatening millions of jobs in their company.

I think the possibilities of Ford requiring a bailout are very high.However, Ford is trying to restructure its finances without a government bailout as the industry is hit badly by the prevailing economic recession.

Other smaller car manufacturer companies are likely to face even worse conditions.