1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s Trading time frame?

Discussion in 'Forex Beginner Q&A' started by Markmuffin, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Markmuffin

Markmuffin New Member

Business
    Most people described it as the length of time you will have to invest or trade or remain in the market, hence, many try to link the concept to traders’ personalities. While in the actual sense, the dictionary meaning of time frame is defined as “a period which something (activity) occurs or is expected to occur"

Thus, trading time frame has to be universal and not just what fits to trader xyz personality. So what’s your opinion on this?

2. alessio

alessio New Member

Trading time frame depends on market trend and your personnal trading strategy.
    You strategy may include quick entries with small profit/loss. Or if you follow a trend and you see it will last for a long period, why not to go on following and close the position later?

These factor are really subjective and there are no strict rules.

#2 alessio, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
  3. gajoinvest18

gajoinvest18 New Member

Trader
    Now we have an idea of trading time frame, so how to choose the best time frame in Forex??

4. GoLearnForex

GoLearnForex New Member

First of all, most beginners can't spend a lot of time watching the markets. They have school, work, and family responsibilities. To trade anything less than the 1-hour chart requires that you watch the markets at least 4-5 hours a day. Most beginners don't have that much time.

5. KajolThappar

KajolThappar New Member

Forex Trader
    There is no such time frame. Use whatever interval you are comfortable with. I would advise you to study on your own before deciding. Check from your experience, after how much time the charts give their results. Trade on the basis of that observations. It may be 5 minutes to 5 hours. The only thing is that it should be comfortable and profitable for you.

6. lobax

lobax New Member

1 Min 5 min that's your time frame. It shows the speed of the market's movement. The longer the time you take, the longer reading you can have.

7. jologs

jologs New Member

for scalpers that take shorter time in trades its usually the 5M and 15M time frame, I only look at the 4H and 1D times frames since i let my trade go for days at a time, so basically it depends on the trader and how he trades, Im not sure about the 1M frame it it can be considered accurate its just to fast for manual trading.

8. Nickey_M

Nickey_M New Member

As for me the most comfortable TF is 1 hour. This TF shows me the most correct situation in many aspects.

9. learn2share

learn2share New Member

Google for this and easily to get answer. To me, trading time frame is how the market goes in mins, days, weeks, months,...

10. orni308

orni308 New Member

its not like you should have such and such time frame , it totally depends on your trading style you are comfortable with.....

11. sininfinity

sininfinity Active Member

One of the reasons to fail in the market. Traders need to spend time watching chart, analyzing situation and make a reasonable trade decision.

12. somefxtrader

somefxtrader New Member

The longer term is more laid back, with lots of time to consider your place in this hectic business – less stress. The shorter approach may go a ways in satisfying those looking for more action – besides more money. and most trader favored the short term trading activity. for short term scalping method I use trade my live account with ECN price feed at Tickmill platform, best executable prices with immediate confirmations. This facilitates trading during economic releases and times of unusual market volatility.

13. Blossom

Blossom New Member

For some forex traders, they feel most comfortable trading the 1-hour charts. This time frame is longer, but not too long, and trade signals are fewer, but not too few.