1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Really Benefits from Swaps, the Broker or the Trader?

Discussion in 'Forex Broker Discussion' started by Currency Expert, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Currency Expert

It’s known that the broker makes money from spreads and/or commissions on their clients’ trading activities, but what about swaps? I’ve seen that swaps are sometimes positive or negative, having positive or negative effects on the trader’s portfolios. But… who really benefits, or get affected by swaps, the trader, the broker or the liquidity provider? An answer would be appreciated.

Source: www.tallinex.com

2. Sharon Higgins

Sharon Higgins New Member

I feel it depends if it's postive or negative swap.

3. sininfinity

sininfinity Active Member

If it is a dealing desk broker then the broker profits from negative swap. If it is a non dealing desk broker then the broker does not gain or loose anything from negative or positive swaps.

4. Sharon Higgins

Sharon Higgins New Member

Honestly I don’t have all that idea over swap because I never use it and I have no difficult in doing that because I am working with a classic broker OctaFX, it allows us permission to do what we have strength in and what we want to, so anyone here is able to open swap free account easily with just ticking in at the opening form, so it’s all very simple unlike other companies and I feel mostly it’s something I don’t feel any benefit for any trader.